How to Create and Sell Merch on Creator Studio [VIDEO TUTORIAL]
1. Create a free Kin Custom account
Our platform is completely free to use. Simply click 'Sign Up' on the homepage. Then, enter your name, email address, and password, or create an account with your Facebook login info. Be sure to verify your email before you continue.
2. Select 'Create'
You have the option to either create a design or shop for products. If you're looking to create, select 'Create.'
3. Verify Your Kin Custom Account
If this is your first time visiting Creator Studio, you'll be prompted to verify your account via e-mail. Didn't get a confirmation email? Check your spam/junk folder or return to the account confirmation page and click "resend confirmation email."
4. Upload Your Custom Designs
Congratulations, you've successfully set up your Creator Studio! Now, you can choose from our selection of default prints or upload your own by selecting 'Upload.'
Please make sure that your design or pattern file size does not exceed 100 MB. For best results, keep your image resolutions between 144 and 300 dpi. We accept .jpg, .jpeg, .png, and .bmp files.
5. Select the Product You Want to Create
Choose from our curated product selection, which allows you to put your custom designs on hundreds of apparel pieces and accessories.
6. Start Designing Custom Merch
Begin designing your custom product and edit until you're satisfied with how it looks.
- Use the text editor for word graphics and phrases. Select the font, color, and size that fits your needs.
- Select the Mockup tab to see what your finished product will look like on a real person.
- Head over to the Product Info tab to learn more about the make and quality of the product, its size and fit, care instructions, and print method (i.e. direct-to-garment, sublimation, or UV).
- For best results, we recommend you design within the 'Safe Print Area' to make sure that your design will appear on the final product.
When you're finished, click Next.
7. Give Your Custom Design A Name
When you're finished designing, you can name your design, choose a tag category (e.g. streetwear, pop art, kids etc.), and write a brief description about your art. Make it short, brief, and powerful. Tell us what makes your artwork meaningful.
8. Enter Your Profit Markup For Your Custom Merch
Once you've designed your product and named it, enter your desired profit margin percentage. When a customer places an order, you pay the base price and then make the profit you set in Creator Studio. Here's how it works:
9. Start Selling Your Custom Merch
When you're finished, you can either add more products or start selling. If you want to start selling, you will be redirected to this landing page, where you can review your design and profit details, order a sample product or get it in bulk, and add your product to your Kin Custom shop or connect to your sales channel.
Note: To start selling your custom products on your sales channel, you'll have to first integrate with our API. For instructions on how to do this, visit our guide on API & Integration. Or, check out our video series below on API & Integration.
API & Integration Video Tutorials
Trying to figure out how to integrate your Kin Custom shop with various platforms? Here are some video tutorials to help you navigate integration:
Subscribe To Kin Custom's Monthly Newsletter
Get the latest and greatest tips and resources on ecommerce, print-on-demand, design & so much more. Click the link below to subscribe.